FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frontpage extension shut off mandated by Microsoft

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James M. MurphyFrontpage extension shut off mandated by Microsoft
by on Mar 16, 2008 at 6:09:42 am

-- RE: Microsoft FrontPage Extensions were turned off on our Commercial Web Site and its Totally unacceptable!
I just found out that our access to our web sites have been denied because has turned the FrontPage Server Extensions OFF
at Microsofts Direction as per to 1and1's Tech Support Department.
I've had one person at 1and1 tech support department explain that much to me.
He also told me my solution was to Buy Microsoft Web Expression.
When I called back to ask for further help after obtaining a copy of Web Expression the second person
whom was barley literate when it came to understanding English told me to just FTP everything through
Web Expression. I was concerned about their New File Formats.
Where there new types of extensions?
He did tell me I had to first turn off FrontPage Extensions at the online interface even though they already killed them in the server.
I told him I understood that but that I wanted to know if there was some sort of setting I need to be aware of
as Web Expression seemed to have several options.
He did not appear to understand ANY of the options but when I mentioned one of them was FTP he
told me that was the solution. That may or may not be the right setting. I'll be talking to Microsoft Monday about
this. However when I complained to him that I couldn't understand how 1and1 could just deny me access to our business
web sites the tech line went dead.
I know this wasn't an accident and it was rude and unprofessional.
I've do a lot of business with 1and1 and I've sent them even more over the past 12 years and I don't deserve to
be treated like this by 1and1 and certainly can not understand how microsoft is getting away with this.
Isn't anybody Suing over this?
You can't just turn off access to peoples business web sites.
And no I didn't read the email the tech said I should have gotten about this because I didn't get spam filter most likely ate it.
This is something that should have been confirmed before it happened at least with there business hosting account!
And Telling people to buy a Microsoft Product to solve the problem Dictated by Microsoft.
I'm sure that's not legal is it?
I'm very very upset right now!
Also who the Hell is going to Pay me to Learn Microsoft Web Expression so I can maintain my business
web sites?
Where's the time going to come from?

James M Murphy

Partners Studio
We'll give you what you want!
direct line 1-920-437-3898
Cell 1-920-606-6294

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved