FORUMS: list search recent posts

FrontPage2002 and Zone Alarm

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James M. MurphyFrontPage2002 and Zone Alarm
by on Dec 26, 2007 at 2:21:33 am

I was wondering if anyone has expereienced any problems with FrontPage 2002 given "Server Time Out" Errors after loading Zone Alarm Security suite?
I've tried posting on both the front page site and the zone alarm and I'm getting nowwhere.
I was publishing happily until the last 30 days since I've loaded Zone Alarm. I've even turned it off but I'm not even sure it's off completly.
I have spoken with Road Runner, and my web site host and they both say things are running just fine on their ends.
The only thing I can think is that zone alarm changed some settings or maybe I did and didn't realize it.
I keep getting dialogs about checking the Proxy settings but I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to look for there.
Anyone?
I sure could use some help.
Thank you in advance.
Murph

Partners Studio
We'll give you what you want!
email: murph@partnersstudio.org
direct line 1-920-437-3898
Cell 1-920-606-6294

Return to posts index

Abraham ChaffinRe: FrontPage2002 and Zone Alarm
by on Dec 26, 2007 at 4:21:54 pm

I would bet that it is Zone Alarm. From my experience Zone Alarm blocks many things that it should not. Generally there is an exceptions section where you can add processes that you want Zone Alarm to let pass - you should obviously add Front Page to that list.

Personally I think Zone Alarm is over kill and you should be safe if you have a good anti virus program, windows firewall turned on, are getting the Microsoft updates, and you aren't downloading random content off the internet.

If adding Front Page to the exceptions list doesn't work you may have to disable zone alarm while you work in Front Page =/
Good luck!
I'm surprised the Zone Alarm support isn't helping you add Front Page to the ZA exceptions.

Abraham

Return to posts index

James M. MurphyRe: FrontPage2002 and Zone Alarm
by on Dec 26, 2007 at 4:29:23 pm

Thank's Abraham,

RE: Zone Alarm...Yup, I would have thought they'd get back to me by now. I think they have a hot line.
I'll try calling them.
Again, Thank You.
Murph

Partners Studio
We'll give you what you want!
email: murph@partnersstudio.org
direct line 1-920-437-3898
Cell 1-920-606-6294

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]