FORUMS: list search recent posts

webpage differences with PC vs. Mac?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian47webpage differences with PC vs. Mac?
by on Dec 5, 2007 at 11:18:40 pm

Hi all,

I just purchased a Macbook Pro and when I opened my business' website with Safari I noticed that it was a bit scrambled. I designed the site with Microsoft Frontpage on a Windows XP computer. Any ideas why it's so funky, or how to fix it? The site is http://www.fusionvideoproductions.com . Any help is appreciated.

Brian

Return to posts index

DavePottsRe: webpage differences with PC vs. Mac?
by on Dec 7, 2007 at 9:07:28 pm

Frontpage designs do some screwy things if you're not viewing them in IE. Firefox is jumbling your page too. If you're using 2003 I believe you can generate standards compliant code, but I'm not sure. Part of the issue may be the table height attribute FP seems to be adding to your code. Tables no longer have this attribute, so some of what you're seeing outside of IE may be due to this.

Dave Potts
Broadcast Communications
University of North Carolina @ Charlotte

Return to posts index

brian47Re: webpage differences with PC vs. Mac?
by on Dec 8, 2007 at 4:22:29 am

I think you may be right about the tables issue. Any idea of how to work around this?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 10, 2007 at 10:36:25 pm

You ought to be able to just drop the height attribute altogether and simply allow the table contents to dictate the height.

Dave Potts
Broadcast Communications

Return to posts index

brian47Re: webpage differences with PC vs. Mac?
by on Dec 12, 2007 at 7:26:32 am

Thanks for the tip! I checked out the table properties and the boxes for height and width attributes are unchecked. When I type in the table cells, I will often resize them manually so that the lines of text are the width that I want them. Thoughts?

Return to posts index

by on Dec 12, 2007 at 3:42:05 pm

Table width should be okay to set, here's the entry at the w3c that should tell you everything you need to know:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_table.asp

Dave Potts
Broadcast Communications

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]