FORUMS: list search recent posts

flv Files

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Underbellyflv Files
by on Nov 19, 2007 at 9:22:43 pm

Hi all,

Before I start, I want to assure you that I am not a web design guy. I have very little idea of what I am doing. I am using Go Live CS to make a website. If you are going to cut into me for not knowing what I am talking about, please don't.

That being said, here is my question.

Is it possible to have flash movies play randomly on a website. Here is what I'd like and you tell me if a) it's possible or if it's not, what is possible and B) of it a guy with limited knowledge like me can do it.

Is a perfect world, I'd like a folder that I can drop my little flv files into and if someone goes to this page on my website, these video's would just start showing in a random order. I wouldn't even mind if they would have to be in a pacific prder. I don't want the user to even have to push a button. to make this even more difficult, I would like some sort of jpg to be on the screen until the next movie loads.

Thanks very much

Return to posts index

DavePottsRe: flv Files
by on Nov 20, 2007 at 12:33:03 am

Hey Jeff,

It sounds like you're talking about a video player for your FLV's that will play them in order, one after another, and possibly have a message (the jpeg you mentioned) appear in between the clips while they're buffering. If you're not up to or interested in diving into Flash/ActionScript at the moment, check out He's got a pretty great FLV player over there.

Hope this helps,

Dave Potts
Broadcast Communications
University of North Carolina @ Charlotte

Return to posts index

UnderbellyRe: flv Files
by on Nov 20, 2007 at 2:32:41 pm

Thanks Dave,

That might be what I'm looking for. If anyone lese has nay idea's, I'd love to hear them!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved