FORUMS: list search recent posts

cow in firefox vs safari - posting tags

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williamscow in firefox vs safari - posting tags
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 4:46:37 pm

Why don't the Bold, Italic, Photo, Underline, and Link doodads show up when posting in Safari on the COW?

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: cow in firefox vs safari - posting tags
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 5:11:19 pm

The Javascript doesn't work in Safari - like a lot of javascript functions - and development of these functions specifically for Safari users hasn't been a priority.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: cow in firefox vs safari - posting tags
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 10:27:59 pm

Really? Since the fcp forum is the cow's sugar daddy, I'd have thought mac users were the main focus. I don't know many mac users that use firefox over safari. I definitely prefer it.

I browse lots of forums and the tags features never have a problem.

Anyway, just wonderin'.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 5, 2007 at 10:41:50 pm

I've been holding off on the development of this until it's decided we want to have a wysiwyg editor or not. My preference is a wysiwyg form but there's been so many other things happening this hasn't taken precedence.

Safari is an important browser for many users in the COW for sure. The formatting buttons a month or 2 ago only worked in ie until I decided to make them work in firefox. To make a long story short I'm hoping it won't be long until the whole post formatting buttons are replaced with a wysiwyg that works across all browsers.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2007 at 1:56:44 pm

Ah. I had no idea they were so new. I thought maybe they had been there for years. Sounds cool.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 6, 2007 at 11:00:10 pm

The script had been written long ago to work with ie. I added on to make it work in firefox - turns out the updated version worked in Safari as well so we've activated it for Safari now.

I've tried a few wysiwyg editors as well and all of the ones I've looked at don't work right for Safari.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Nov 12, 2007 at 6:40:52 pm

Cool. It works. Nice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]