FORUMS: list search recent posts

pulling my hair out over text rollover links

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Jensenpulling my hair out over text rollover links
by on Nov 4, 2007 at 4:33:16 am

I've created a webpage in HTML and am having problems trying to assign the desired color for a text link when rolled over. The link works fine, but the text color doesn't change when rolled over (mouse over).

After creating the link, I choose page properties...links...rollover links. Then I choose a color from the color pallete, then apply and ok.

FWIW the text links are inside a table which are inside a layer box.

Read through the help in DW but can't figure it out.

Windows XP,Dreaweaver 8.0, Internet Explorer 6

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: pulling my hair out over text rollover links
by on Nov 5, 2007 at 3:37:29 pm

Could be the css code is formatted wrong, or that you have a:visited style that is taking precedence or something else in the css that is conflicting. What is the URL of the page and I'll take a look.

Abraham

Return to posts index

Scott JensenRe: pulling my hair out over text rollover links
by on Nov 6, 2007 at 8:12:04 pm

The page in question is not yet on the server only on my laptop. I'll upload it tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2007 at 9:31:14 pm

o.k. here it is, thanks.

http://www.islewhipyourgrass.com/

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2007 at 9:48:31 pm

You have the a tags outside of span tags. If you put the a tags inside the span tags they will work.

Your code looks like this:

<a href="DEAR_DOG_I_MEAN_GOD.jpg" class="style14"><span class="style18">Webmaster</span></a>

It needs to look like this:

<span class="style18"><a href="DEAR_DOG_I_MEAN_GOD.jpg" class="style14">Webmaster</a></span>

Try that - if that doesn't work I'll take another look.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2007 at 11:04:22 pm

I replaced the code but that doesn't seem to be working.

Just to restate my problem...I want the text links to change color when the mouse cursor passes over them (not when clicked on).

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2007 at 11:10:14 pm

It actually did fix it. When you mouse over the webmaster link now it turns red like your a:hover css is setup to do. You just need to do the same type of thing (swap the order of the tags) for the other links.

Another thing you might realize is you have a class style assigned to the spans that have a color associated with them. This will also cause the color to be defined through the span and not the hover command.

Try swapping the order like you did for the webmaster link. The webmaster links now like it should.

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2007 at 11:27:15 pm

Thanks so much for your help. It's nice to know its working, but it is not working in my browser. I've got all programs closed only the islewhipyourgrass website open. I even restarted my computer and opened the website...same result.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2007 at 11:31:14 pm

Hmm that's real strange... I tried
http://www.islewhipyourgrass.com/
in both firefox and ie and the mouse over color on the webmaster text works in both browsers. Maybe try shift+refresh sometimes that helps...

Good luck...

Abraham

Return to posts index

by on Nov 9, 2007 at 1:22:03 am

I've updated the website (http://www.islewhipyourgrass.com)and have a couple of questions.

The main jpeg image (hawaii_blu_bkd_jpeg)on the webpage appears to have severe compression artifacts that don't appear on the html file viewed locally (dreamweaver preview in browser F12). What gives?

I got the rollover links all turning color (white) correctly, but they appear purple instead of green in their normal state. What color are they in your browser?

Thanks so much for looking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]