FORUMS: list search recent posts

FTP and web address questions

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott JensenFTP and web address questions
by on Oct 19, 2007 at 3:05:59 am

I have FTP'd a photo file (photo.jpg) to a website ( and can type the web adress to find the single photo. I've created a folder called "photofolder" to place multiple photos in. I want a user to be able to browse through the photos.

I've tried putting in the address bar but get a "page not found" error message in the browser. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: FTP and web address questions
by on Oct 19, 2007 at 2:02:41 pm

[Scott Jensen] ""

Probably the last forward slash. Depending on the server it may or may not interpret this as a folder and may or may not show you the folder contents if there is no index file.

Generally - the first thing the server will do when you put in this address is look for an index file in the folder. If one is there it will execute the index file. If not, based on the configuration, it will either give you a 404 or show you the folder contents.

Return to posts index

Bigtoe21Re: FTP and web address questions
by on Oct 19, 2007 at 9:10:21 pm

abraham is right but regardless I dont think this wouldnt be the best way to do something like that. You should either A create a gallery using dreamweaver, photoshop flash etc... or simply just zip all the pictures up and place them on the server. ex. this way the will just download to the clients machine and they will be able to view them all in the viewer slideshow as opposed to one image at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved