FORUMS: list search recent posts

google

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shamgodgoogle
by on Oct 18, 2007 at 7:47:07 pm

My website has worked its way up to the top of google. It's a lousy homemade site and the host charges too much. Assuming I keep the domain name but changed hosts and had a new page designed from scratch, would I lose my exalted spot at google?

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: google
by on Oct 18, 2007 at 8:16:37 pm

Google placement is never guaranteed. If anyone tells you it is, they are trying to sell you something they can't actually supply.

Google placement is a very complex algorithm and if you change content on a page radically it is definitely possible to lose your position.

The main factors in determining your position for specific keywords are - meta tags, page content, incoming links, and content on pages with links coming into your page.

I wrote a small blog about meta tags here that might be useful.

Abraham

Return to posts index

shamgodRe: google
by on Oct 18, 2007 at 9:11:29 pm

I already have a good position. I'm trying to figure out if changing the layout and the host will cause me to lose my position on google.

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: google
by on Oct 18, 2007 at 9:12:57 pm

Changing your content will - changing your host won't - layout isn't very important though it does matter.

Abraham

Return to posts index

shamgodRe: google
by on Oct 18, 2007 at 9:20:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really changing the content, I'll use the same photos and words, just have it layed out properly by a real web designer, instead of me and the lame tripod DIY.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]