FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is This Forum Limited

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warner A. Weber IIIIs This Forum Limited
by on Aug 18, 2007 at 3:30:30 pm

Is this site limited to the hard code group, or maybe the dreamweaver group.

I am suprised, here I am at a forum entitled Web design and when asked about different apps of design...Not one response.

Does this mean the forum isn't open to any questions say...About Coffee Cup and its applications. Such as not only its website building software, but its Flash Video encoding software.

I would be curious to know.

Warner A. Weber III
Horseback Productions

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: Is This Forum Limited
by on Aug 18, 2007 at 5:06:35 pm

Hey Warner,

This forum is open to anything you want to ask about web design, simple or complex. Some questions are more pertinent to this specific forum and some questions some people may not have the answer to.

For Flash questions there is a flash video forum and you might get more or better response there.

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Is This Forum Limited
by on Aug 20, 2007 at 12:27:01 pm

I only see one post from you asking about a site grinder plug in. Nobody responded because most likely nobody has used it. Here's my take on plugins like that. They are really nifty for creatiing the initial design. Much like Photoshop, Imageready, Fireworks are. But the latter 3 tend to create bloated pages full of graphics and hard to edit code. They all claim to work plugged into DW, GoLive, etc. but in the end they create an additional layer of nuisance when editing the site at a later date. Especially when the site has been handed off to an additional party that doesn't have Fireworks or Sitegrinder, etc.

The more site design I do, the less I tend to use these types of tools. In Dreamweaver, I tend to find myself hand coding the CSS or html in the code window versus trying to figure out just what icon to click or menu to use to get the result I want. I don't call myself a coder by any means though. I've just yet to find a wysiwyg type program that actually performs as desired.

So, Sitegrinder looks neat. Maybe it works great. Maybe not. Maybe it'll be supported in the future. Maybe not. Who knows.

Return to posts index

Warner A. Weber IIIRe: Is This Forum Limited
by on Aug 21, 2007 at 5:18:10 pm

Hey, Thank you for responding. You gave me some very solid input. On the Site Grinder site, I read where some of the people were designing in Site Grinder and then later capturing the site in Dreamweaver to do things Site Grinder couldn't. From what they said there wasn't a problem.

I am just trying to get the best idea of what it will do for me before I plunk down $250 for the software...Too late, I purchased it last Friday. It appears to be good. In the process I have learned a lot about Photoshop workflow and also Illistrator workflow.

When I have more questions, I will check back along with following the forum for the posts from others and what I can learn from them.

Take care,

Warner A. Weber III
Horseback Productions

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Is This Forum Limited
by on Aug 22, 2007 at 5:20:38 am

Let us know if it really is all they hype it to be. Do they have a 30 day trial version? Guess my lazy self could just go look and see, huh?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved