FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating HTML e-mail

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leor BrenmanCreating HTML e-mail
by on Aug 3, 2007 at 3:22:42 pm

Hi All,

What is the recommended e-mail client for creating a simple HTML e-mail.

Actually, all I am trying to is have an image (that is hosted on a web site) embedded in an e-mail. I use the img src tag and it displays correctly but Outlook 2007 does not provide a means for embedding HTML tags. Windows LiveMail has a stationery feature which looks like it works, but the image actually gets embedded in the e-mail as an attachment.

I get HTML e-mails all the time. I wish I knew what e-mail program they use to create the e-mail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Return to posts index

Leor BrenmanRe: Creating HTML e-mail
by on Aug 3, 2007 at 5:26:34 pm

OK. I did more research and find that using Dreamweaver for the HTML creation and Mozilla Thunderbird for creating an e-mail is a good solution.

The problem I am having is that the images that I host and reference using img src tags are appearing as attachments in the received e-mail. I am trying to create an e-mail marketing campaign where the e-mail looks like a web page (actually is a web page) and is only viewable if the viewer is connected to the internet. This will keep the e-mail lightweight but image rich.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

DigMeSourceRe: Creating HTML e-mail
by on Aug 14, 2007 at 4:57:10 pm

If you happen to figure this out I'm trying to do the same thing and haven't had any luck finding help on the web thus far.

Return to posts index

AbrahamRe: Creating HTML e-mail
by on Aug 14, 2007 at 5:20:11 pm

For the most part Email client programs like outlook or thunderbird don't want you to use their programs to send out newsletter style emails. They want to cut back on the amount of spam that gets sent through their systems. You need to buy a 3rd party program that is specifically designed for html mailings or newsletter mailings.
Try googling
html email software
newsletter email software

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

JayKillaRe: Creating HTML e-mail
by on Aug 28, 2007 at 1:20:09 pm

You could actually do this in PHP quite easily, but if you don't know php here is a little trick that works. You have to use hotmail though. When you log into your account compose a message and simply type in html your message i.e.
When you send out your message your images will appear in html and then you can send the email to your clients. No third party software necessary.
Here is the php link if you want to go this route, I have used both methods and they work the same.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved