FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frames, how you hurt me so.

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris
Frames, how you hurt me so.
on Jun 30, 2007 at 3:51:13 pm

Hey -

Been a looooong time since I've been here. But I return seeking knowledge.
I have a 30" cinema display that I designed my new frames based portfolio site on. Bad move. It's a 2 frame design with the nav on the left and the content on the right. Simple, and easy to update.
The problem I'm having is that my left nav frame runs too tall and I'm not getting a scroll bar (which I don't necessarily want). Therefore, a user cannot see all of the left nav selections.

I've thought about just losing the frames and inserting the left nav into every content page, or using divs to expand and contract the menu. But I really like and want all of the options visible at all times. Any other ideas????

Here's a link if you want to see what I'm working with now. AND THANKS IN ADVANCE for any help.

http://www.chriswichterman.com/MainFrameset.html

-Chris

Return to posts index

Abraham Chaffin
Re: Frames, how you hurt me so.
on Jul 27, 2007 at 1:59:33 pm

Some sort of server side include is what you should be using - this way you only need to edit the file once and have it changed in every file it appears. What it does is takes another file and embeds it in a another file seamlessly or framelessly. Here's a quick how to on a basic type, though there are many ways to do it.

Abraham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]