FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dark Flash Video

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john sharaf
Dark Flash Video
on May 30, 2007 at 5:48:32 pm

I'm really a cinematographer whose work is shown on television, but I am now doing an internet project for a presidential campaign and I discover that our video is really dark, it looks like the gamma is really crushed, when viewed on a PC as opposed to a Mac. I've looked around and find that other sites seem to have this same problem. Is there a way to accomodate the viewer's platform and make the proper gamma correction?

Thanks for any advice.

John Sharaf

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
Re: Dark Flash Video
on Jun 6, 2007 at 9:46:52 pm

John- you can easily set up a redirect page and have different html pages for Mac and PC. This is what most big sites do. Alternatively you can tweak the gamma when you compress the video and come up with a compromise setting that will work on mac and pc.

Are you on a mac? After all the help I have had from you over the years I am happy to help (eve if it's for a republican candidate :O))

peter@shootingbynumbers.com

Return to posts index

Peter Ralph
Re: Dark Flash Video
on Jun 6, 2007 at 9:51:06 pm

John- you can easily set up a redirect page and have different html pages for Mac and PC. This is what most big sites do. Alternatively you can tweak the gamma when you compress the video and come up with a compromise setting that will work on mac and pc.

Are you on a mac? After all I have learned from you over the years I am happy to help (even if it's for a republican candidate :O))

peter@shootingbynumbers.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]