FORUMS: list search recent posts

8 years without webdesign

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
firewireflow8 years without webdesign
by on Apr 12, 2007 at 7:46:13 pm

hi guys!

started my carreer as webdesigner. now i'm motion graphics designer. so i have to do a webpage again and have no clue where to begin.

i would love to get some advices of some professionals who are still up to date ;-)

i wanna hava a page which is divided into 3 parts:

top content (logo.....)
middle content (menu)
bottom content (page text, infos, actual content)

years ago i would have done it with frames but what i read so far, nobody is using that anymore. div layers are the thing to use. is that true?

basicly what i want is that when i click something in the menu the bottom content window should change without reloading the whole site.

any reccomandations?

thanks a lot!
florian

Return to posts index

RobRe: 8 years without webdesign
by on Apr 13, 2007 at 4:49:22 am

You could use flash and do that or php may work also . Depends on the content. Could you explain why you don't want to reload the page. That may help in finding the best solution.

~Rob

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: 8 years without webdesign
by on Apr 13, 2007 at 5:41:50 am

hello...

ya - you can use divs with an overflow:auto attribute to create a frame effect (with all the content on one page), but there is another post reply to this that holds true - can you offer up a use case for what you're doing so that we can better help you out?

frames are not necessarily evil, but you are correct that there are other options - just need more info on your goals to better suggest an appropriate option for you... :-)

sitruc

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: 8 years without webdesign
by on Apr 13, 2007 at 5:41:50 am

hello...

ya - you can use divs with an overflow:auto attribute to create a frame effect (with all the content on one page), but there is another post reply to this that holds true - can you offer up a use case for what you're doing so that we can better help you out?

frames are not necessarily evil, but you are correct that there are other options - just need more info on your goals to better suggest an appropriate option for you... :-)

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]