FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame drops...Got any ideas?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.Frame drops...Got any ideas?
by on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:33:23 pm

Hi Fellow Cows,

It's my 2nd time posting on this site but I've been posting on other forums for years.

Anyway, we are experimenting with flash and I wanted to know if anyone can look at the video we are archiving as flash files and maybe give me;

1. A better way to digitize the files as flash because alot of our news video involves pans and zooms and the way we are digitizing it for playback drops alot of frames.

2. A different file type to use to save as many frames as possible.

I don't know if this makes a difference but these specific shows that we archive are either 30 minutes or 1 hr. long. So I'm thinking that the reason for the dropped frames and the jittery video is because of how low we digitize the video in order to play such a long video clip to multiple people running only on a cable modem connection.

NOTE: This is not a ploy to get you over to our site. I just want some expert advice on my problem. If you like the stuff you see on our site, fine, stay and watch. It's nothing obscene or offensive. All this post is asking for is advice.

Here's the link to the news program's archive page

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Frame drops...Got any ideas?
by on Apr 8, 2007 at 1:39:44 am

Don't know what codec and all you're using, but in squeeze, one option is to "drop frames to maintain data rate." That'd be one you DON'T want to check. Or check it and lower your data rate. Actually, I just looked at a clip. That appears to be really low quality and a really low data rate. The frame size seems a little small as well. Unless you're aiming at modem users, which would be pointless for video, you can keep a 500-700kb/sec data rate.

Return to posts index

Sam Lesante Jr.Re: Frame drops...Got any ideas?
by on Apr 10, 2007 at 2:40:32 pm

Thanks for taking the time to look.

I think we have the size and quality so small because of the fact that we have a lot of shows archived that are at least 30 minutes long and if more than a couple people want to view them, our cable connection can just about hold it together :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved