FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing all my pages

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack entonceschanging all my pages
by on Mar 5, 2007 at 9:38:03 pm

Hello,

I've got a personal website that I've outgrown and want to put up a "under construction" page,
so that when people go to it (the index page) they'll see the construction page.

Also, there might be some friends who have links from this site .... so I don't just want to change my index page to a construction page, I want to change all my pages, or my html files, to the construction page.
I thought of redirecting all my pages to the new construction index page, but doing that will take too long, not to mention uploading them on FTP to the web.

Is there an easy and quick way to make my index page a construction page, AS WELL AS all the
other pages on my website?

thank you.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: changing all my pages
by on Mar 6, 2007 at 3:29:54 pm

hello...

[jack entonces] "Is there an easy and quick way to make my index page a construction page, AS WELL AS all the
other pages on my website?"

well - rather than change the pages themselves, you can potentially leverage your webserver to just redirect all requests to any page to your construction page - for most hosting plans, you'd need apache and htaccess support (check your plan for that)...if you do have that, then let us know and i can show you a redirect option you can set up at the site root for all pages...

but outside of that, no - not really. and although the old school "web rules" don't seem to apply as much any more, one of the big ones was always don't have under construction pages - they are very annoying to a visitor as they are a hard dead end, so if you can at all avoid them while you're doing the upgrade...

hope that helps!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]