FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamically copy fields?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sqrdreams
Dynamically copy fields?
on Feb 25, 2007 at 5:21:04 am

Hello all,

I've been looking all over for the answer to this question so I really do hope someone can please help me out. I just need a simple example of how to dynamically copy inputed values from a textField into a textArea by clicking a button. Someone suggested PHP and another suggested javascript. What I'm looking to do is create a small .css generator for my clients to use. This is the HTML I have so far. I placed *'s in it as I don't know how to keep code from graphically displaying:

<*input name="color" type="text" size="6"*>
<*input value="Create Code" type="button"*>
<*textarea name="output" cols="50" rows="10"*>
<*/textarea*>

If someone can give me a hand on this, or point me in the right direction, it will be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Dynamically copy fields?
on Feb 25, 2007 at 4:19:09 pm

hello...

ya - javascript is the tool that you need - i wrote a simple example and put it on my site for you:

http://www.sitruc.com/cow/js_copy_fields.html

you can get a lot fancier, but that should be the general concept you were looking for, yes?

lemme know if not or if you have other questions!

sitruc

Return to posts index

sqrdreams
on Mar 16, 2007 at 10:16:18 pm

I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!! Life has become kind of hectic these past few weeks and I completely forgot about this post!! If Creative Cow has some way of sending me an email when someone responds, I sure do need to find it.

I tried JavaScript and it's is just way too confusing for me to learn at the moment. Hahaha. I did get this to work in php for the most part. Someone can input #FFFFFF into a text feild, hit the 'Submit' button and then receive the output code >color=#FFFFFF> to copy.

However, when I try to place the output code into the box, the output code tends to come out incorrectly...it gets partially translated.

If I don't figure it out, I think I'll just get rid of the text box altogether.

Thank you so much for your help though Curtis!

Return to posts index

Sapphire Parker
on Aug 21, 2008 at 3:11:59 pm

Check out this code:

<HTML><HEAD>
function fn_move_2_textarea()
{
document.getElementById('txt_textarea').value = document.getElementById('txt_input').value;
document.getElementById('txt_input').value = '';
}
</script>
</HEAD><BODY>
<form name="frm_test" id="frm_test" method="post">
<input name="color" type="text" size="6" id="txt_input" name="txt_input">
<input value="Create Code" type="button" onClick="javascript:fn_move_2_textarea();">
<textarea name="output" cols="50" rows="10" id="txt_textarea" name="txt_textarea"></textarea>
</form>
</BODY>

Cheers,

SP
http://www.videoediting-direct.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]