FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice form the Web Media Buffs out there!

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NHammack Need advice form the Web Media Buffs out there!
by on Feb 9, 2007 at 8:22:26 pm

.....Hi all, I'm still relatively new to Creative COW and so far I can't get enough of it. All of you have been a great asset to me personally and I hope in the future I can help contribute some of my knowledge I

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Need advice form the Web Media Buffs out there!
by on Feb 9, 2007 at 9:06:07 pm

have you tried something like php nuke (a cms system - if that's too big, then i'd really just give google a shot - php has _Tons_ of freeware things written that are available all over the place - things like photo galleries, forums, etc. etc...

that would be the best bet. i don't have any specific software packages to recommend based on what you need, but i know there are some out there that would fit the bill...

Return to posts index

NHammackRe: Need advice form the Web Media Buffs out there!
by on Feb 9, 2007 at 9:34:31 pm

I have taken a peek at pHp NUKE Curtis and I found it to be a little to clunky for what I was trying to do with it... (that is how I ran across pHp Fusion it just seemed to flow better with the panels)

I've seen lots of pHp photo galleries like Coppermine and they look nice but they usually take you into a sub section of the same site and into their own pHp realm whereas I'm trying to keep everything flowing on the center stage for customers, clients, and fans. I usually don't like crazy content pages like gamins sites where there is a billion different links and you have no idea where to start.

Fusion just seemed to work pretty well since I could move panels around, but where it lacks is being able to show people a video & audio gallery as opposed to their image gallery. They've got some great MOD's in their community but since it's a small group there just isn't enough of a Media push to make a real big jump into it personally for me to use as a "Demo Reel" site.

Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm willing to go back to Flash if need be, but it's been a while since Flash 5 and I doubt my actionscriping skills are up to par... I find java scripting easier then actionscripting and all I know how to do in Java scripting is separate the HTML from the scripting so I can copy and paste. :p

Nathan Hammack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved