FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Help. So simple yet so dificult. How to make a space.

is that is?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Nitkiewicz HernandezPlease Help. So simple yet so dificult. How to make a space.

is that is?
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 9:38:34 am

http://www.newelementproductions.com/stopstressindex.html

I want to offset the entire website down the page a bit, I want it to start about 2 or 3 inches down the page, right now it sits at the top, which is not good.

Should I put the whole page in a layer and just offset it down?

Thanks a million.

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Please Help. So simple yet so dificult. How to make a space.

is that is?
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 3:23:20 pm

hello...

from a usability standpoint, unless you have something to put in the space, i wouldn't recommend moving it down if it will force other content off the screen - scrolling is something you want to avoid at all costs, so always try to get as much content up top as possible...

think of the web like a newspaper - it would look pretty strange if my morning newspaper had blank paper for 6 inches at the top and then started printing... :-)

(but if you want to move it down, i'd just put a couple of break (<BR /> tags)

sitruc

Return to posts index

Mike GondekRe: Please Help. So simple yet so dificult. How to make a space.

is that is?
by on Feb 2, 2007 at 5:18:08 pm

Great job, looks like you got it fixed using layers. Can tell you spent alot of time into this page(you got up to style 95 wow).

Curtis as always is right on with the solution of using the line breaks to move everything only downwards. You only need to put your cursor before the table and hit Shift Enter. In Dreamweaver you will find this and other useful items under: insert >> html >> special characters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]