FORUMS: list search recent posts

Classes to learn web design in Connecticut

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer OClasses to learn web design in Connecticut
by on Jan 23, 2007 at 2:13:48 am

I have been a broadcast designer and animator for the past 13 years, using Adobe AfterEffects for the past 6 years. I want to now make the move into web design.

Does anyone know of a place like Future Media Concepts (in NYC) but in Connecticut where I can learn the basics of web design and the programs in a few intense weekends? I have taken several AfterEffects classes at FMC and love how in 2 - 8 hour days you learn everything you need to know on a specific program to get started. I did the tutorials on for Dreamweaver MX 2004 and they were great but I have a thousand questions, and would prefer to learn form a real person. Any suggestions would be great.

Jen O

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Classes to learn web design in Connecticut
by on Jan 23, 2007 at 2:45:06 am

you could certainly get the basics of a few applications in a weekend (dreamweaver, photoshop for web graphics, etc.), although i don't know a place specific to connecticut, unfortunately... :-/

but learning web design is not a crash course thing. we have had a lot of posts in here from video people who want to pick up web design, so search the archives for the thoughts we've posted throughout the years on this topic...but long story short, web design is usability design and it is not something you can pick up quickly - very different medium than video editing and while the 2 share some concepts, they have a lot less in common then you might think...

post back if you have any thoughts!

Return to posts index

Mike GondekRe: Classes to learn web design in Connecticut
by on Feb 2, 2007 at 4:55:52 pm

Let me first warn you to stay away from (the owner is cashing students checks and failing to provide classes and cheating his instructors to and has done jailtime for this). You can see the reason why if you go to a site people put up who got cheated by him: has classes in DC & pennsylvania which may be near enough.

I used to be an instructor for both, and can tell you Ledet is honest for over 10 years and learngroup is a habitual criminal.

I never tried them, but you can look into

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved