FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone available to critique my site?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom J Wise
Anyone available to critique my site?
on Jan 22, 2007 at 8:45:01 am

Hi, all.

After much perspiration, my video site is finally completely de-bugged (I hope!) and ready for review. If anyone has any comments or suggestions for improvements, I'd be forever indebted!

Thanks!

Tom

http://www.DesertVideoAndPost.com

Return to posts index

Jennifer O
Re: Anyone available to critique my site?
on Jan 23, 2007 at 2:34:45 am

Hello,
I am a MAC user and use Safrari as a browser (I think a lot of MAC users do...?) but I got this error when I tried to find your web site using Safari

Safari can

Return to posts index

Tom J Wise
on Jan 23, 2007 at 3:06:55 am

Hi, Jennifer,

Thanks very much for your feedback. As to the render settings, I used Final Cut Pro and set them as H.264, 320 x 240, AAC audio. Frame rate was (I think) 24fps; 15fps for the longer clips.

It's the first website I ever designed and after it was all finished, I contracted with a company called Globat to host it. I won't make that mistake again. My experience with Globat was the worst! The very same site is now being hosted beautifully by FatCow (which was a suggestion I received on Creative Cow.)

Thanks again!

Tom

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jan 23, 2007 at 2:40:55 am

hello...

looks nice! the only comment i have at this point is that by making all your page content into graphics, you are eliminating the ability for search engines to index your content, which means that you'll really never get listed anywhere for things like the tools you use or your client testimonials, etc. - those really should be in html so that the engines find them and it would also eliminate the problem of having 100kb+ images on your page - if i'm on dialup, i'm not waiting for that image to download... :-(

worked ok for me here in safari, btw...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Tom J Wise
on Jan 23, 2007 at 3:07:44 am

Thanks, Curtis!

- Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]