FORUMS: list search recent posts

seeking video footage shopping cart software

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Durhamseeking video footage shopping cart software
by on Jan 21, 2007 at 5:01:26 am

Hi all. I have about 12TB's of stock footage from 22 countries that I've acquired over the past 15 years. Some of the footage is truly amazing and the past couple years it has all be 1080i acquistion. I've been looking for some stock footage for a show I'm editing and now I'm thinking that I need to develop my own library to sell. I would prefer to control this myself rather than sell footage to an existing source. I have a good bit of experience with SSL enabled sites with shopping carts and with programming .php and MySQL sites. All this to say, that I am looking for an existing program if possible that I could use to list my footage for sale and be able to show thumbnail Quicktimes. Does anyone know of existing software packages capable of playing movie clips, adding footage to a shopping cart and providing download links once the footage has been paid for? Any input on this is most appreciated. :)

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: seeking video footage shopping cart software
by on Jan 23, 2007 at 2:41:54 am

i'd really consider using pay pal - you can sell the footage as a single product via their site without any shopping cart software needed and very reasonable service charges...

if you have more questions about that, please feel free to write back!

Return to posts index

rtrutledgeRe: seeking video footage shopping cart software
by on Jan 31, 2007 at 4:31:02 pm

It's great to hear you have all that good footage. Depending on the quality and subject, it should be able to be licensed fairly easily. I should warn you that building a real stock footage site that users will find is a major project and very expensive. My company, MediaRecall Digital Services, just finished building stock footage sites for WTTW Chicago ( and for WGBH Boston ( you might want to take a look.
MediaRecall is launching a new "MegaPortal" of broadcast footage from the major PBS stations across the country in about two weeks and we'd potentially, be interested in representing your footage on that site. You will have alkot more visibility and quality searchability and will sell many more clips. We offer high res and "Web" resolution downloads direct from the site. If you're interested, we can save you a lot of effort and make you more money than you could on your own. Check out our site and write back to me @ if you want to discuss details.

Robin T. Rutledge
MediaRecall Digital Services

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved