FORUMS: list search recent posts

how best/easiest to sell animation clips off the net?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LovesClassics
how best/easiest to sell animation clips off the net?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 6:50:53 am

Hi all,

I am previously a pro comics illustrator, turned animator, have at least one film as a finalist film in a film festival. I've been working hard on material that I wish to sell, and with my fan base from comics have a demographic.

So, in anticipation of combining myspace with zippy videos and youtube (which should now be called "googletube", ha ha),

what is the easiest and least painful way to sell animation clips (between 1 and 3 minutes each) on the net? For people that PayPal a certain amount per clip?

Frankly I'm not into paying out for a "secured domain" etc.; Right now I don't see why I can't just sell memberships to a yahoo group where I decide whom is allowed as a member (with access to the clips, assuming the e-mail address they provide is correspondent to the person that sends me a "donation" via paypal. That would be "free" and limit the amount of people coming in with access (which is of course a dodgy/querolous issue especially considering Torentspy/etc./isohnt.com/other such sites and people wrongfully uploading Family Guy and other material on youtube.

So, is there a way as "free and easy" as a tripod site that allows me to have a GOOD QUALITY vid file (like a 30mb mpeg) instantly sent to someone who buys in via paypal, or will I need to do a "membership approved" system or send the files to people via e-mail once their PayPal (confirmed only) comes through?

all help greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: how best/easiest to sell animation clips off the net?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 3:03:13 pm

Check out http://www.revostock.com as they have an easy way to do what you are wanting to do.

They also have a lot of traffic for you to draw customers from.

Best,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: how best/easiest to sell animation clips off the net?
on Oct 30, 2006 at 3:37:13 pm

hello...

i'd also just consider using paypal itself - they offer cart services and the likes that you can tie into your site for free (only fees are per-purchase fees)...pretty easy to do and i've purchased lots of software (and other digital files) from people that way over the years...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]