FORUMS: list search recent posts

Presenting work to the client

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tommycush
Presenting work to the client
on Oct 28, 2006 at 6:17:26 pm

Hey,

I just recently started my own business as a web designer. I usually stay in close contact to my clients during the programming and designing process. Therefore I have constant feedback and can change and alter things really quickly according to what the client wants. But now I'm working for this group of people that are absolutely computer illiterate. I mean, they don't even know how to check emails. Now I'm facing a problem that's completely new to me. How do I present my work to the client? There is absolutely no way I can arrange meetings every week and show them the work in progress. But I also don't want to finish the whole site without any feedback by the client. After all this could mean hours of extra work, just because they might not like the way their logo is put in place... I was wondering if any of you have had clients like that too, and maybe have found some practical ways of working with them.

Thanks,
tommy

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Presenting work to the client
on Oct 28, 2006 at 6:42:24 pm

hello...

maybe mail them a cd with a series of screen shots (or the entire site that can function on the disc if it's all html) and then talk them through it on the phone and have an interactive discussion that way? cds are cheap to burn, and you could send them one every few days if need be...

just a thought... :-)

sitruc

Return to posts index

tommycush
on Oct 28, 2006 at 6:54:48 pm

actually that's a really good idea. don't think they'll really know what to do with a cd full of html files, but i could send them printouts and then get their "approval" on the phone.

thanks for the quick response,
tommy

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Oct 29, 2006 at 2:06:33 am

hello...

i'd try the html file route at least once - all they'd have to do is open one html file, and you could talk them through that on the phone - if it fails miserably, then go the static picture route...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 31, 2006 at 6:05:22 am

But if they don't know how to read email...

Which begs the question - If they can't read email why do they need a web site? Seriously.

Return to posts index

tommycush
on Oct 31, 2006 at 10:33:21 am

a good question :) basically they're looking for people who are willing to financially support the local theatre of my city. the correct german word would be -f

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]