FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need your feedback

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evrard
I need your feedback
on Oct 24, 2006 at 7:04:35 pm

Hello,

A friend of mine that runs her business, she contacted me to review her website and suggest necessary changes to optimize it. I will be honest, iam not really advanced enough in webdesign so i don't want lie to her, rather i prefer asking help from those who know better than me.

Can you please, if your time allows it, give a look at this site and tell me all that you find that is wrong and possibly what to do to relieve them. I personally find that the pages take too long to load without i could explain why, could be my computer too though, do you experience the same latency?

Thanks a lot for all your feedbacks, have a nice day.

Return to posts index

evrard
Re: I need your feedback
on Oct 24, 2006 at 7:10:22 pm

Here goes the URL to visit: http://www.aequus-tours.com

Again thank you

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 24, 2006 at 7:29:53 pm

A few jpegs took a second or two, but they seem to be pretty small in file size. Overall I didn't notice any problems with the site. I'm surfing on cable modem. If there is a bit of latency at times it may be the hosting company. I have one site on a super cheapo hosting company and their output is like modem speed no matter what kind of a connection you have. Really can't watch video files or flash. But for regular surfing it's ok.

You could try putting a large file on the server and downloading it. Most browsers like Safari show the download speed in the activity window, and a file of 20megs or so would be a good measure. You should be getting a few hundred kb/sec. If you're getting around 10 or less kb/sec that's modem speed. If you're getting 40 or 50kb a second it's more like a shared T1 line where the overall speed is divided up and limited.

But on a DSL or cable modem at least 300kb/sec.

Return to posts index

tommycush
on Oct 28, 2006 at 6:29:42 pm

hey,

i took a quick look at the site... my first impression was that it could be made a bit more obvious to the viewer what exactly it is, that this company is offering. i'm kind of a restless websurfer, and i don't want to read long texts in order to know what a website is all about.

but maybe that's just me :)

greetings,
tommy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]