FORUMS: list search recent posts

Parse a swf across all pages

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evrardParse a swf across all pages
by on Oct 11, 2006 at 11:24:49 am

Ok, i have made a website year ago for my dad and it as my first one ever while i was reading the DW docs, since then haven't done much of web design neither (i am mostly a biochemist). Today i will need to add a swf message so that it displays from any of the 70 pages or so. You bet i don't want to go into the hassles of creating a new table cell in each of these many pages to imbed the swf, so i will need to know if someone knows a faster way to achieve this?

Please do not hesitate to include some details or steps.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Parse a swf across all pages
by on Oct 14, 2006 at 2:25:52 am

If you created 70 pages and none of them are linked to a DW template then you have a problem. Your best bet is a find and replace. Assuming all pages were similar, and created by doing a save as or duplicate method this will probably work. Open a page and add the table cell and swf, etc. Then, open an unchanged page and compare the two in code view. You need to determine the section that changed and the section that you've added. For example if you split a cell, you'll find the code for that cell (you can highligt it in design, then switch to code view) before it was split. This is what you will search for. Then, in the new page, determine what has changed. In the example given you'd highlight the two cells and switch to code view and copy. This would be the replacement for the search.

Check a couple individual pages before you do a sitewide search and replace. But it should get the job done if the pages were created in some consistent manner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved