FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with CSS in IE7

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt AlgorithmProblems with CSS in IE7
by on Oct 9, 2006 at 2:13:27 pm

Hi there,

I working on a website and running into some CSS problems with IE7. Take a look at this :

Seems to work fine in IE6 and on the mac, but the drop downs dont align correctly in IE7. Can anyone help me out with any advice to get this to display correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Problems with CSS in IE7
by on Oct 9, 2006 at 5:58:32 pm

very hard to say - i'm not running ie7 because it's still in beta, and i tend not to worry about supporting non-released browsers because problems you have are much more likely to be bugs on their end and you end up running in circles trying to fix something that's not your fault... :-/

that said, have you tried it outside your wrapper frame?

does it work that way? if so then it could be a frame issue. otherwise, you might have better luck doing your menus as divs instead of a table - or do some very fixed margins on your table in css to guarantee that they hold the same...tables are often slightly differently parsed in different doms, so if you need something to be in one exact place, it's sometimes better to use divs...

hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Matt AlgorithmRe: Problems with CSS in IE7
by on Oct 10, 2006 at 1:40:49 pm

Awesome - thanks Curtis. Sounds like I dont need to worry too much about it for right now - I'll see what it looks like once Microsoft release the full version.

Much appreciated,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved