FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bulletin Board

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Coffee1Bulletin Board
by on Sep 17, 2006 at 9:11:35 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a forum to a website I've design. I've been checking multiple sites and saw that there are some GPL software. Just wanted to get some feedback regarding GPL versus paid. And if someone can suggest software or sites, where I can find simple bulletin boards.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Bulletin Board
by on Sep 17, 2006 at 11:00:59 pm

open source vs. paid is pretty much personal preference. many open source projects these days are extremely well documented and actually have staff that are more responsive than a paid product - it just depends if you get one that is like that. best way to check is to read through the docs and see if they have a forum with active and recent posts - a lot of activity shows that a product is well maintained and supported - also skim them for general tone of posts to get a feel for how well the product works. if you do that (and in this case, bulletin board software is a very common open source project) then you'll be better off not paying for what you don't need to...

a very common open source bb project is phpbb - give that one a shot. or if you see one online, it'll likely have a "powered by" or something similar with a product name - if you like it there, visit their site and see more about it...

good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved