Table problems with Mozilla

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul FechtmeisterTable problems with Mozilla
by on Sep 5, 2006 at 4:10:12 am

Hi there,

If you look at this page on my site: http://www.kdp-ne.com/newsletter.html
in Internet explorer it's ok.

Then go to the same page with mozilla and the menu bar beneath the banner is whacked.

Would putting the code in some kind of container help? and how does one do that, and
how can one pin this down so it isn't always happening with Mozilla?

Thanks for any insight.

Sincerely,

Paul

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Table problems with Mozilla
by on Sep 5, 2006 at 5:05:20 pm

hello...

[Paul Fechtmeister] "so it isn't always happening with Mozilla"

one quick point that i wanted to make - it's not so much "happening in mozilla" as it is that you started to do your design in ie, and are now seeing it in firefox, etc. - trust me that if you started the other way around, you'd have it working in firefox and you'd be here wondering how to get it so that it isn't happening in ie...there is a lot of cross-compatibility in between browsers these days, but there are some quirks. but to pick on mozilla isn't fair...both browsers have wacky little issues like this.

that said...

if you drop the "float: right;" from your nav css class attributes, this should go away. not sure why you want to float that table cell right, but that is causing your issue in that mozilla is parsing that a little too literally...

can you expand on what you mean by a container?

sitruc

Return to posts index

Paul FechtmeisterRe: Table problems with Mozilla
by on Sep 8, 2006 at 4:32:56 am

What I meant by container..... I was recently advised on a flash site that I was wanting to scale when the browser was scaled. In Dreamweaver I set it to 100% and it worked fine in IE. When previewed in Mozilla Firefox it was tiny and wouldn't scale.

A very astute COWer mentioned the container thing and it worked. I guess I was just thinking that this might be the fix here too but I didn't quite follow the earlier advice so was probing.

I suppose you're right about the Mozilla pick on thingy but I'm also having problems with this site's http://www.kdp-ne.com "Portfolio" link loading and mainly in Mozilla.

I'm not looking to pick on anything it's just frustrating enough to get something working only to have it "kind of" work.

Thanks for your feedback on the float right... I'll look at that. I was wanting the little button gif's to stay to the right on the page so that's why I did it.. probably would just get away with right align or something.... right?

I'm always very happy when someone responds because we all comment by our own free will here and that's why I love this site.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Paul FechtmeisterRe: Table problems with Mozilla
by on Sep 8, 2006 at 4:40:29 am

Here's a little more on the container thing.

The code between the curly brackets are CSS Styles. You define them in
the Head and then call them in the Body.
They're a great way to position/layout a web page. They're clean and
work with most browsers.
You're defining the attributes in the styles and then you're placing
your swf in a container.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions.
iso

Also, I did see your suggestion on the CSS and I'll try that.

Thanks again.
Paul

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Table problems with Mozilla
by on Sep 8, 2006 at 4:44:13 am

hello...

all i was wondering about container was if you meant like a php or shtml include or something flash based - html and css don't use a "container" concept, so that was the reason for clarification...

if you're talking containers in a flash sense then they have no real function here. anything you want to do you can do in plain html and css...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]