FORUMS: list search recent posts

How much should i charge for a website design? 50+pages, and animation?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Nitkiewicz HernHow much should i charge for a website design? 50+pages, and animation?
by on Aug 21, 2006 at 7:04:41 am

I will be designing a website for a client, and am not sure what to charge.

It will contain the following elements;
- 30-50 page website, using flash, dremweaver, fireworks.
- 30 second flash animation
- paypal access
- 3 languages

What should my client expect to pay?

Thanks.

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: How much should i charge for a website design? 50+pages, and animation?
by on Aug 21, 2006 at 4:58:20 pm

How long will it take you? How much do you wish to make per hour? Expect that it will take much more time than you expect.

If you had to put a dollar amt on it I'd say web design ranges from $35 to $100/hr. With the interactive programming side being closer to the $100/hr range, and the cutting and pasting text into an interface (maintenance basically) or low skill design being closer to $35/hr.

If it's a big project and you need the money, you'll probably take less per hour. If you have lots of clients and this is a hassle, you might want to price it high enough that it's worth it.

There's so many factors that you'll want to run the math and make a bid probably.

Return to posts index

Clint Nitkiewicz HernRe: How much... (Thank you Bret, could a rookie programmer take over a pros job? Is this considered a risky situation?)
by on Aug 21, 2006 at 5:23:34 pm

Thanks a lot Bret, that was a big help. Actually, it is now going to be a 100+ page project, with 3 languages, I wont be doing any hardcore programming, no maintenence; as my client has someone for that, perhaps I could pitch to do the maintenence, and keep the animations updated?

His current guy only knows programming, and I know mostly design and a bit of programming. So I dont think I would be risking much, as clients will be using paypay to complete their transactions, and we wont be storing any private information on the sites database. This is a good opportunity, as the company is shifting its marketing image, logo (which i designed), and website. I am a new designer for the company, so why not be the new programmer as well?

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]