FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I add Login, and search boxes into a website? 2 day deadline, please help.. thanks a bunch

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Nitkiewicz Hern
How do I add Login, and search boxes into a website? 2 day deadline, please help.. thanks a bunch
on Aug 15, 2006 at 9:42:52 pm

I am using dreamweaver mx2004, fireworksmx2004, and a bit of flash mx2004 6.0.

I need to design the website as follows...

1. login options (or login box)
2. seach options (or search box)

And I simply dont know how, is it a plugin i use, or can download??

Thanks a million

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: How do I add Login, and search boxes into a website? 2 day deadline, please help.. thanks a bunch
on Aug 16, 2006 at 3:26:11 am

Search engines... do a google for free search engines or check with your web host. They usually have a preinstalled search engine. Search engines aren't really a DW function. They're a program installed on the server. Whatever program you find and use will give you a line of code to put into your web page. Check with google and other search engines too. They may have a free engine you can configure on your site.

Login is even tougher. Depends on what you're looking for. If you just want to password protect your site or a directory, look into .htaccess. It's a file called ".htaccess" that is installed in the directory on the server. You have to edit it and configure it to make the folder password protected. The browser will do the rest and ask for a login and password. Once again, not a DW thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]