FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can anyone recommend a good + inexpensive shopping cart software?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
baillan
Can anyone recommend a good + inexpensive shopping cart software?
on Jul 3, 2006 at 1:44:54 am

I'm starting a small home business and am in the market for a shopping cart software that's very easy to use and inexpensive. I use FatCow and we get the basic version of ShopSite, but you can only list 15 products at a time, which isn't enough for me. (BTW, I use Adobe GoLive and I am NOT a web expert...although I've designed a few simple sites).

Do any of you have a recommendation? I am looking for basic - bells and whistles aren't important, but ease of use, reliability and cost are. It's a VERY small home business, so the cost of the shopping cart can't outweigh my profits.

Thanks in advance,
Baillan

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: Can anyone recommend a good + inexpensive shopping cart software?
on Jul 3, 2006 at 3:59:22 am

hello...

i always mention things like pay pal - easy to use and relatively cheap to set up and configure...and they handle all cc woes for you, which is a big deal if you are a small shop without a ton of insurance to handle the case where your third party isp has a disgruntled employee who cleans out your cc database on his way out the door...

but if you want to do it yourself, something liks oscommerce (http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/oscommerce) might work for you...

if my brief rambles raise more questions, please do let me know! :-)

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 3, 2006 at 4:23:56 am

I've found the paypal option can be a great solution because you don't have to modify your site one bit. All you do is add a simple button that says add to cart (or whatever you want it to say).

Shopping cart software like OSCommerce, Cubecart, etc. will create an entire site for you that resembles amazon, with suggested products, similart products, reviews, etc. Too much for my needs as well.

My paypal site... hownet.com

Add some stuff to the cart and see how it feels for you.

Return to posts index

baillan
on Jul 5, 2006 at 2:16:34 pm

Bret - in case you check this again.... I loved how your site works with PayPal. I think I'll definitely go this route. I have one question for you though - I want to be able to charge people to "rent" an item for a certain number of days. If they don't return it, I want to charge them the difference between the rental price and the price of the item. Does PP allow me to charge someone this way? (I know I can get the initial rental fee online via PP from them - but if they don't return the item to me, I want to know if I can collect that fee - much like if you have a credit card machine at home, you can just run their cc number through for an additional charge).
Hope that all made sense. Thanks in advance, if you happen upon this post again.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jul 10, 2006 at 4:19:58 am

I don't see how you could do that. Sorry.

Return to posts index

Andrew King
on Jul 24, 2006 at 2:26:35 pm

Paypal offers Auth/Capture

You should be able to change a payment after one payment has been made

Return to posts index

steven williams
on Nov 29, 2010 at 11:31:25 am

you can check out this cart. , http://www.shoppingcartelite.com

Return to posts index

charles david
on Nov 3, 2010 at 5:25:02 am

try and take a look at this one: http://www.shoppingcartelite.com this might meet your requirements

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]