FORUMS: list search recent posts

apple itunes email ads

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ronaldoapple itunes email ads
by on Jun 21, 2006 at 6:37:20 pm

does anyone know how to author something like the apple itunes ads that i get in email weekly. they come into my apple mail program with extensive artwork and layouts intact and links that take you directly to itunes online shop and the artists being hilited or free downloads. could you create these kind of email ads in Go-Live? if not what app would you use. thanks for any tips.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: apple itunes email ads
by on Jun 21, 2006 at 6:45:53 pm

ya - it's just an html-formatted email...html formatted emails have plain html (don't get too fancy with css and js as they won't work so well if you do absolute positioning with the former or interactivity with the latter)...then all image references point back to your server where you store the files...

wrt to their links to trigger itunes - that's easy to do. it's just a plain href that your box (if you have itunes installed) knows to send to itunes. you can get any of those urls by right-clicking (or ctrl-clicking w/ a single button mouse) an item in's one that i got from the music store home:

click on that and it should pop open your itunes directly to that page...

then once you build your html file, you can use a variety of online services or freeware to send the html email to a set of users. note that an html email is just a plain email that has an html mime type so that the recipients' email client knows to show it as html as opposed to plain text...

hope that helps!

Return to posts index

ronaldoRe: apple itunes email ads
by on Jun 21, 2006 at 10:54:38 pm

that does help. i'll investigate further. thanks curtis.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved