FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web design as a business

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly123Web design as a business
by on May 29, 2006 at 4:19:11 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but I am starting to day quite a few websites for people. I am hosting them all through GoDaddy under my account with each having it's own hosting account within my account. Is this the way to go about this, or as I get more is there a better way. New to this and want to get it set up correctly from the start. Any pointers on how to go about this would be helpful. thanks.

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Web design as a business
by on May 30, 2006 at 5:53:32 pm

Not sure how that works, but usually I start out with a client by having them go to and purchase their domain name, then forward the login/ftp info to me. I would prefer not to be involved with owning or hosting their domain name. It's all theirs. If they want to use someone else later then they can without having to involve me.

But if someone didn't want to be involved in any way, then sure I'd buy the domain for them and mark it up and bill them + my time, etc. I'd charge a premium for that, because now I've created an ongoing business issue of having to keep up with which site requires renewal, etc. And what if I quit designing sites? I don't want to have any litigation coming my way a couple years down the road.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved