Yikes. There is a table within the layer of course. But just 3 cells, not 6. I wanted the text to highlight when you mouse over the image so I had to keep them in the same cell. IE has never paid any attention to cell code, whether it be cell size or percentage or what. The mac version, 5.5 is light years ahead in this realm usually. When I work in DW, Safari shows things as DW does. Firefox, close. IE, never. IE windows? Fuhgettaboutit.
Hey Curtis, can you check it now? I gave the cells exact widths.
ALSO, I think I fixed the IE layer positioning problem. FWIW, the relative positioning of the layer within the cell is not based on a coordinate from the top left. It's a coordinate based on the cell positioning. The table cell I had was set to default. In Safari or Firefox, that is the top. In IE Mac, it's centered or baseline or something like that. (I'm continually having to adjust sites after seeing them in IE!)
So I tried setting the cell to top aligned, middle, and bottom and of course adjusting the coordinates of the layer. Still looked different in IE. I ended up having to use "baseline" as the centering for the cell, and then adjust the coordinates of the layer and all was perfect. At least on the mac side in all 3 major browsers.