FORUMS: list search recent posts

my flash website is unviewable in internet explorer, but fine in safari, and firefox, why? and how can i fix this?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Nitkiewicz Hernmy flash website is unviewable in internet explorer, but fine in safari, and firefox, why? and how can i fix this?
by on Apr 28, 2006 at 10:26:00 pm

i use dreameaver to hold the .swf file i edit in flash,

the .fla file is 52mb, and
the .swf file which i upload, and webusers view is 5.05mb

so my question is why cant i see this using browsers such as internet explorer, and even safari loads kind of slow, do i need something counting the time til the .swf is finished loading?

im open to any, and all suggestions, and questions,

here is my website,
http://www.newelementproductions.com/

yeah this is a bummer, because most clients use windows, and therefore my website is nothing but a blank page to them....

Clint Nitkiewicz Hern

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: my flash website is unviewable in internet explorer, but fine in safari, and firefox, why? and how can i fix this?
by on Apr 28, 2006 at 10:41:55 pm

hello...

loaded ok here in ie/xp - 5mb is a bit big to just show a "please wait" without providing a status bar with a load completion percentage, but it did load and work for me...

sitruc

Return to posts index

isotropeRe: my flash website is unviewable in internet explorer, but fine in safari, and firefox, why? and how can i fix this?
by on May 2, 2006 at 4:42:30 pm

Are there multiple video files in your .fla? If so, you could try loading them into your swf from separate files. Your main interface would probably load a lot faster and would only have "Please wait" on the different movies. 5 megs for a website is huge.
It's showing fine in IE6/Win.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]