FORUMS: list search recent posts

paypal and golive

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Morgan
paypal and golive
on Apr 25, 2006 at 6:48:07 pm

Hi,

Newbie in the web design area and need some help on PayPal coding. I have already created the look of the site http://www.physicalfx.ca and would like to set my rollovers I have in place to popup the paypal buy now engine. When I use the Paypal genreating code, I am lost as to how to direct it to my small paypal icon on the site without having to reorganise how the images that make up the page. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: paypal and golive
on Apr 25, 2006 at 7:02:02 pm

hello...

[Todd Morgan] "set my rollovers I have in place to popup the paypal buy now engine"

i'm sorry - you're losing me here. can you expand more on what you're looking to do and where? i took a look at the site but didn't see anything obvious... :-/

sitruc

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 2:39:58 am

When I get the code back from PayPal and insert into the html section of golive for the Bootcamp section the code rearranges the layout of the slices that make up the page. If you look at the bootcamp section and see the little PayPal icons, that is what I am stumped by. Am I missing something where by the code is inserted wrong? You can reach me direct at todd@freelancefx.com as I will be online all day trying to figure this out.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Apr 26, 2006 at 2:52:25 am

hello...

ok - i go here:

http://www.physicalfx.ca/bootcamp/bootcamp.html

but i don't see any paypal stuff - where's the paypal page exactly?

sorry to be dense... :-/

sitruc

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 3:02:18 pm

If you scroll down the bootcamp window you will see where i created my own little paypal icons next to the services for hire. Am i approaching this all wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Todd

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:02:15 pm

hello...

oh my - the scrollbar didn't even show up on xp/ie which i happened to be using to look at this at the time - i see it in firefox, though...dunno if you've done cross browser testing yet but there are a few issues there...

but i looked at the paypal buttons and they all rolled over fine for me and looked ok layout-wise - they were missing links to paypal, but you could just fire open a new window with the url they gave you - is that the issue?

sorry - it seems like i'm being flippant, but i don't think i'm following you 100% on the issue or i'm not seeing it in my browser/os combo... :-(

sitruc

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:05:14 pm

yes... how do I take their encryption code and make it so that when i click on paypal and new window opens to the buy now screen with what they selected.

Thanks fore the heads up re: IE. I use Firefox too, and it is a bit smarter than IE. I can fix that no worries...

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:46:44 pm

hello...

just checked the site and it looks like you're on your way...although one big thing is that you shold force window sizes when opening windows via javascript like you're doing - they all open extremely small here and i have to immediately resize them before i can read anything in them - in general the site seems a little crammed into the corner when you have a lot more screen real estate to play with....

but i see what you are tallking about now - by default paypal generates html button code for you to use on your site, but if you want to use a plain link, you could do it like this:

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/2180

then just put that link (updated for your store, naturally) in a javascript popup window link like you have the other ones...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:50:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. What do you mean by "although one big thing is that you shold force window sizes when opening windows via javascript like you're doing - they all open extremely small here and i have to immediately resize them before i can read anything in them"

Todd

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:54:41 pm

I have now gotten the popup to open the paypal window but get error 5302...

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:59:44 pm

reading that page seems to indicate that they're having a temporary problem - can't help you with that... :-/

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:58:13 pm

I take it you mean the popups for the maps and calendar? Thanks and they have been fixed.

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Apr 26, 2006 at 5:59:10 pm

all of 'em ya - they all opened either at 0,0 pixels or smaller - that's the issue...

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 6:10:09 pm

Are the windows opening properly on your end now?

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 7:18:44 pm

Hi again,

What about when you click on the buynow button it opens the purchase in a new window?

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Todd Morgan
on Apr 26, 2006 at 8:56:33 pm

Hi,

I finally figured out a workaround. Check it out and let me know your thoughts http://www.physcialfx.ca .

Thanks,

Todd

Todd Morgan
Creative Director
Freelance F/X Inc.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Apr 27, 2006 at 1:59:14 pm

Seems you're missing out on part of the basic paypal function. Somehow you've made it open in the same window. That's ok, but when I go back to the main window to buy another product, it opens the new product, then paypal in the same window, leaving 2 paypal checkout windows open. One with 1 product, 1 with 2. If I checkout on either, it has 2 products.

Why not keep everything in the same window except for paypal shopping cart in it's own window. When you add more product it updates the shopping cart in the other window.

I've been dealing with paypal too and so far the client has been satisfied at http://www.hownet.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]