FORUMS: list search recent posts

it's alive

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williamsit's alive
by on Jan 2, 2006 at 8:15:10 am

Just excited that was launched tonight. Whew! It looks simple, but there's a lot of stuff in there!

Thanks to Curtis for some pieces of php code as always.

One new trick I learned (stole) is on the home page. As usual, I made the home page stay centered no matter how you resize the window. But - if you'd like to add lots of stuff for google to index, put some info below the auto stretch table. People can scoll down and see it, but probably won't. Google will read it just fine. Since google can't index a flash splash page, this is a great way to add some content, yet keep the page pretty.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: it's alive
by on Jan 5, 2006 at 3:46:12 pm

hey that's really nice! and i do like your centered home page trick - that's very interesting! how'd you pull that off?

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: it's alive
by on Jan 5, 2006 at 4:30:29 pm

Surely you jest. I know you can figure it out. But just the usual centered 100% wide and 100% tall table with the flash centered in the cell.

Then, below that table, just put a regular table with your "extra" content. The top table always stays 100% tall (which is based on the window size). So that always pushes the other content down, where you can scroll to it.

I swiped the idea from here...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved