FORUMS: list search recent posts

photo gallery

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sarzaphoto gallery
by on Dec 6, 2005 at 1:12:15 am

Sorry if this a stupid question.. I am slowly teaching myself this web design business...
I am designing a web site for a photographer friend. I wanted to avoid using frames altogether. However, for the 'gallery' page, I want to have thumbnails on the right that when clicked on displays that image on the left. Is this possible to do in a table instead of using frames?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: photo gallery
by on Dec 6, 2005 at 2:35:34 am

not a stupid question at all! :-)

the best way to do this is with javascript - you have probably seen many rollover effects on the web, and this would be a lot like that, except you'll tie the "rollover" effect to a click link for the thumbnail - so each thumbnail has a javascript onclick event, and when you click, it changes the big image to the desired image...

make sense? do you have any experience with javascript? if not, i could whip up a quick example for you...

Return to posts index

sarzaRe: photo gallery
by on Dec 8, 2005 at 12:38:08 am

Thanks Curtis.That's great!
I have used a little javascript and rollover effects but I didn't realise this was possible. I have only ever swapped the image that has the onclick event attched to it, not an image in a seperate location. How do you do this? An example would be great when you get a chance.
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved