FORUMS: list search recent posts

The right Web hosting plan for me?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay StallworthThe right Web hosting plan for me?
by on Nov 23, 2005 at 7:35:57 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to jump start my small video editing biz. I have had numerous inquiries about people wanting to see some of my work on my website. I have always had to tell them that I don't have any website yet. I would like to change that. I would like to get a hosting plan that is just right for me, but I don't know what to look for.

Hear is what I am looking for in a web hosting plan:
1. To have my QuickTime / Window media / demo reels on the site so perspective clients can look at my work.
2. To have clients login to there accounts to upload / download QuickTime Clips (digital dailies)
3. To have my clients pay there bills online
4. I would like to do video Podcasting
5. I would like to have more then one domain on this plan, as I have other ventures that need their own website and space.
6. I would like to have enough bandwidth and disk space to do all of these things.

Based on what I have told you what should I be looking for in a web hosting plan.

Jay Stallworth

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: The right Web hosting plan for me?
by on Nov 23, 2005 at 7:51:33 pm

hello...

in some ways you're sort of answering your own question - what you are looking for in a provider is what you have listed here...although stuff like this:

2. To have clients login to there accounts to upload / download QuickTime Clips (digital dailies)
3. To have my clients pay there bills online

is not stuff you'll necessarily look for in a plan, but more the features the plan offers. note that having clients log in to pay their bills is not a light-switch sort of thing - that's ecommerce (be it a store of items or a store of bills to pay), and that comes with a huge set of it's own issues - how to you process cc info, how do you store cc info, etc etc.

but outside of that, the basic things you should look for are bandwidth limits and disk space - think of bandwidth this way - if you have a 10mb movie on your site and 10 people download it a month, that's 100mb of bandwidth. most providers offer up in the gb range, but you can do the math pretty easily on that...

hope that helps!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]