FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does anyone use Fireworks anymore?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth CollinsDoes anyone use Fireworks anymore?
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 3:49:05 pm

I have been playing around in Fireworks and it seems easier to me than Photoshop and Illustrator. Does anyone actually use it anymore? How does it compare to the other programs?

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Does anyone use Fireworks anymore?
by on Oct 28, 2005 at 3:58:37 am

It's pretty much the same product as imageready. It's easier because it has less functions than photoshop. But yeah, lots of people use fireworks. It's much more web function than imageready. You can do some pretty nice dhtml pull down menus in there, as well as some advanced rollover and swap image functions.

The bigger question might be how long it will be around. Since Adobe and Macromedia have merged, one can only wonder which overlapping apps will disappear. I'd guess Fireworks will be lost, but some of the functions will be ported to PS/Imageready. On the other hand, Dreamweaver will remain and GoLive will go away. I can't think of anything from GoLive to port to DW. :)

Return to posts index

RobRe: Does anyone use Fireworks anymore?
by on Nov 7, 2005 at 8:31:49 am

I agree with Bret.

I use and love them both (Studio 8 and CS).
But, for fast web work. I find Fireworks is easier to work in and way faster and much more user friendly than Photoshop, Imageready and Illustrator.

When working on Art with brush work and detail, I would use Photoshop.
I would use Illustrator for vector as needed, not much for the web.
I would just use Flash for most "if vector" is needed for site work.

But If I'm working in DW. 99% of the time Fireworks is best.
For me Fireworks and in Studio 8 apps it's that "Properties Panel" that helps the most, no question.
Quick control. Plus with MX 2004 and /or Studio 8 everything is even better with workflow.

I hope Adobe doesn't kill Studio 8 as a web solution.

GoLive should just be dropped, Just as FreeHand should.
For most Web work, I think Fireworks does a great job.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved