FORUMS: list search recent posts

GoLive and Sliced Photoshop File Problem

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Digital Voodoo ProductionsGoLive and Sliced Photoshop File Problem
by on Oct 26, 2005 at 6:28:35 pm

Hi, I'm having a problem using a sliced PhotoShop file as a smart object in GoLive (both CS2).

It's a pretty simple file with a Banner slice, a Menu bar below it, a Sidebar broken up into 3 slices, a Main Body slice for the Text, and a footer across the bottom. I want the main body and the bottom sidebar to grow to allow as much text as possible to be displayed.

When I import the the PS file it looks ok, but it makes the Main body and the bottom sidebar (which are text slices) a set size. So I changed the source code (html) to make the cell heights to either Auto (*) or 100% they render ok, but when I go to edit the page it makes the frame look really small, which makes it extremely hard to edit the content (because I can only see like 3 lines of text at once...)

I believe I told it to set the text slices height to 100% in PS (there's no Auto setting I could find). Is there some PS or GoLive slice settings I'm missing or some other table tag I need to modify? It's been well over a year since I've done any HTML coding so I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious....

I've looked in the GoLive help file but it has very little about bringing in PS files. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ps. I noticed there's no GoLive forum. I'm guessing there's not alot of GoLive users here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved