FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to create a moving bkg in FCP or Motion

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hdfilmmakerI want to create a moving bkg in FCP or Motion
by on Oct 25, 2005 at 6:22:42 pm

...for my website. What program do I need to convert it to work on the web?

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: I want to create a moving bkg in FCP or Motion
by on Oct 25, 2005 at 6:29:59 pm

hello...

you can make an animated gif into a page backgound, but there are serious file size and quality limitations (256 colors) with that format...but adobe image ready can make those...

or you can make a site into a flash movie and have much fancier animated backgrounds, but there is no good conversion tool for that (adobe after effects has a flash export but it's not very good)...

sitruc

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: I want to create a moving bkg in FCP or Motion
by on Oct 26, 2005 at 5:56:59 am

Basically, those tools aren't used for making backgrounds. Perhaps you have an example of something you've seen? Your most likely option is flash, but that's not really a background. In fact, flash is always the frontmost element. But if you wanted a background that's always moving, you would make your whole page as a flash file. Pretty steep learning curve.

Return to posts index

hdfilmmakerRe: I want to create a moving bkg in FCP or Motion
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 12:58:55 am

Ok, I see. Perhaps I'lll learn Flash and use it and just creat my ideas in motion and then figure how to do that in Flash. Any suggestions on hows the fastest way to learn Flash? Whats the best book? that makes it easy to understand?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2005 at 5:28:59 am

I don't know. I don't know flash. I don't believe in doing sites in flash. Just elements. A menu bar here, a graphic there, etc. You're talking backgrounds, which means the entire page has to be done in flash. The only flash I do is in LiveMotion, which is a discontinued product.

On creating in Motion, then flash, it would seem that once you know flash that would be quite a silly useless thing to do. And if you don't know flash, it's just as silly. Flash for the most part is a scaleable vector based program. Animations are made of vector illustrations that are animated by the underlying code. Things created in Motion are frames of pixels. So they're very large files, but it doesn't matter since they're not going to be downloaded. So Motion files can have all sorts of fire, sparks, motion blur, etc. and be photo-realistic. Vector based illustrations are very small files and are meant for download. They tend to be more cartoonish and simple, but the limitations of flash has also created a whole new art style imho. I think it's actually brought about better design in many ways. People are forced to get messages across with simple type animations and geometric shapes instead of heavy 3D animation, drop shadows and particles.

Flash is like animated illustrator files, while motion is like animated photoshop files. Any sites you know of that are doing something like what you're thinking?

Return to posts index

hdfilmmakerRe: I want to create a moving bkg in FCP or Motion
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 12:57:13 am

Thank you I downloaded Flash 8 yesterday,,,,, Now I just have to figure out how to use it. :)

Return to posts index

Craig SeemanRe: I want to create a moving bkg in FCP or Motion
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 12:29:35 pm

You can create something in Motion, import it into Squeeze and compress it to Flash (swf or flv). While I'm not sure how it would work as a background, you can certainly use what you create in Motion.

In the link below is a page in which Flash is used to play video. Not what you're looking for exactly but you can certainly have your motion graphics moving as part of a Flash "window"

http://www.innerphaseny.com/view_80.html

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2005 at 3:53:42 am

Be it flash video or quicktime or whatever, if you try to create a video as a background, you're looking at a background that would be megs, or tens of megabytes in size. And considering that most screens now are the resolution of HDTV or better, it's going to be huge. And as far as I know (Curtis?) there's no way to make a flash video, flash file, or quicktime file as a background. Maybe with layers or something overly complex?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]