FORUMS: list search recent posts

loading flash?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
letitbleedloading flash?
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 7:10:09 pm

I'm putting a site together with a little bit of flash and mostly html...The idea was to use html in case someone has a slow connection so they could at least use the site and let the flash movies load in the background. Then it would play eventually but not interupt the use of the rest of the site. Right now I have a lot of frames and the flash frames want to load first which takes a while and the html frames, the menu buttons, backgrounds etc...are all just waiting this whole time until all flash has loaded. Is there anyway to give the html stuff the priority and have the flash load in the background then play when it's finished? I've been trying to figure out loading frames in order but realized that that would also just make the flash frames load last but none of the html text or pictures, in the same frame as the flash, will show up or load in those frames until the flash is done loading.

Sorry my question is so long and thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: loading flash?
by on Oct 18, 2005 at 7:13:18 pm

i was going to reference you to a thread that deals with just this topic until i went back and realized that you were the one who started that thread... :-/

the example i gave there will do what you need in terms of linking together frames to load them in a specific order...did the example not make sense or do what you needed?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved