FORUMS: list search recent posts

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
by on Oct 14, 2005 at 11:10:04 am

Hi I'm trying to find a solution to a query I have...

I promote a companies website by working on their promotions.

There is a 'play' button on the website and when this is pressed, a promotion pop's up!...
At the moment I give the web developers of the company website the dimensions of the promotion popup so they can use a bit of JavaScript on the play button to make the popup screen 'popup' at that certain size.

The problem is, the promotion is constantly varying in size... One day it might be 320X240 and the next day it maybe 433X298 etc..

Is there any way I can make the popup automatically fit to the size of my promotion, so I don't have to give the dimensions to the web developers all the time?

Thanks very much for any help

Mike Thornton

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: popup
by on Oct 14, 2005 at 3:50:11 pm

if you have a scripting language available and your promotions are graphics on the server, then the developers could easily open the promo graphic ahead of time dynamically in the code and determine it's size and then adjust the window width/height call params accordingly...

or (and this is probably easier and only requires javascript), you can resize a popup once it's open to the size of it's content. this is a very old example, but it gives you a rough idea:

the basic concept is to load the popup with the promo, determine the size of the promo and resize the popup window to fit around it. this can happen as soon as it loads, and there will be a minor visual hiccup, but it will work. the benefit of the first solution above is that the dimension of the promo graphic is known ahead of time and the window call can be adjusted before it's used...

make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved