FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thinking about SEO?

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mills_mgThinking about SEO?
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 6:40:17 pm

Hi all,

I found so many demand for professional SEO's & would like to learn highly pro. skills for SEO?

What are the skiils required to become a good SEO pro. From where should i start? What should i learn?

Anyu other relevant information WELCOME [:)] .

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Thinking about SEO?
by on Sep 20, 2005 at 6:44:57 pm

this book should be your primary resource:

Return to posts index

mills_mgRe: Thinking about SEO?
by on Sep 21, 2005 at 5:15:07 am

what should i learn or focus more?

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Thinking about SEO?
by on Sep 21, 2005 at 5:18:06 am

that's a very broad question, sort of off-the-cuff answer is that if you want to advise others about seo then you need to read everything you can get your hands on so that you can answer any question. if you want to just make your site more optimized, then get a book like this and read up and put in place what he suggests...

Return to posts index

michaelkloudaRe: Thinking about SEO?
by on Sep 27, 2005 at 8:42:23 pm

If you want to be an SEO pro you are going to need to do a lot more than read a book or two. Although that is absolutely helpful, you are going to have to have practical experience and a lot of it. That is what will make you a pro.

I would suggest that you start a few sites and read everything that you can about SEO and use those techniques on the sites. Try some things on one site and some things on another. Use what you learn from this on other sites and on clients sites. Over time (lots of time) you will gain the experience needed to be a pro.

A good book like what has been recommended here (I have not read it myself) will give you lots of tips and shortcuts, but book learning is not a replacement for actual "real world trust me I've been there see here are my examples" experience.

You need to understand that SEO work is time consuming and takes a lot of time to see results. Search engines are slow to respond (read this as months or more) so changes to your site will have to be looked at over a long period of time.

Good luck!

Michael Klouda
Web design, creative management and search engine optimization articles to help you sleep at night.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved