FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resize of frames

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AaronResize of frames
by on Sep 6, 2005 at 6:34:18 pm

I have a page with 3 frames (top, left, center). The one on top is a flash image and the problem is that I don't want that top frame to resize as I resize my browser window. Can you help? I'm using Go Live

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Resize of frames
by on Sep 6, 2005 at 7:12:03 pm

Go to the frame view in GoLive. Click on that frame and set it to a specific height. Then set it not to resize. If I remember right it should all be in the inspector pallette.

Return to posts index

AaronRe: Resize of frames
by on Sep 7, 2005 at 2:14:19 pm

Sorry to bother again, but I did specify a certian height, it will not allow me to enter the width. And I leave the resize frame box unchecked. Any more ideas?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 7, 2005 at 4:29:56 pm

If the frame is on the top, and there's not a frame to the right of it, then you cant' define it's width. Frames fill the entire space. Just like a web page does. For example, if you have a frameless page, it will always fill the page. You can not define a web page's width or height. You can place a table in a page and define the width or height of that. Sounds like that's all you need to do with the top frame.

With that in mind, your description of your page's frames sounded odd. Top, left, center. Don't you mean top, left, right? In that situation you could define the height of the top frame, and the width of either the left or right frame.

Do you have a url to share?

Return to posts index

AaronRe: Resize of frames
by on Sep 7, 2005 at 8:19:55 pm

I have fooled with the rames endlessly. I think what I would like to do and should do is have my frames constructed like this birdatthebeach.com Notice how he doesn't have any of the frames moving around or resizing. I think it is because he has that big yellow box on the right. I tried to build my frames in the same way but I couldnt get that one box on the right. Here is my page http://www.digitizeyourdigits.com/newpage/digitize/digitizedigits

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Sep 10, 2005 at 2:09:50 am

I checked the code and you're definitely missing the point of frames. For one, you've got the source of the first, the top, frame set to a flash movie. You don't have any parameters set for the flash movie, so by default it is scaling to fit. So if the window isn't wide enough for it to fit, it scales down. Notice your frame isn't scaling vertically.

You should be setting the frame to a web page, not a graphic. Create a web page. Place a table in it. Then place the flash file in the table and specify the parameters of the flash file. Size, height, no scaling, etc. Make the table the same height, width, etc. Make that web page the source of the top frame in your frameset.

Do the same for the left frame. Create a page with the graphic. Then make that page the source of the left frame in your frameset. Do the same for the right frame. You might want to make sure that the web page for the right frame has a table width for the content that is fixed, so that it doesn't expand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]