FORUMS: list search recent posts

Web design software

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich RubaschWeb design software
by on Aug 19, 2005 at 10:24:28 pm

i have an old version of GoLive which only runs in OS9. I was going to upgrade it to CS2 but wasn't sure what was happening at Adobe with the Macromedia buyout. Seems I would be ok to upgrade, but was wondering if there is another app that is pretty low learning curve. I just maintain my own site and built the original with Fireworks and GoLive, but did not like the workflow. I do not use Illustrator and have always been a Freehand guy...after the Adobe purchase I'm sure my Freehand days are numbered!

Any great Web design apps that have the easy to use pick-whip functionality, easy drag and drop etc for simple web creation...other than Dreamweaver and GoLive?

Thanks all,

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Bret WilliamsRe: Web design software
by on Aug 23, 2005 at 6:01:19 am

I think you'll see GoLive go by the wayside and Adobe Dreamweaver be the new product. GoLive customers will probably get a very competitive upgrade price, and there will be some sort of conversion tool to import GoLive sites and their templates. The best features of GoLive will be taken over to Dreamweaver, like smart objects and um, smart objects. Since fireworks will probably disappear in favor of imageready, they'll probably port over the good stuff from Fireworks like pulldown menus and behaviors.

As far as other products, there really isn't anything else that compares to the GoLive or Dreamweaver. There's frontpage, but it's not really very good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved