FORUMS: list search recent posts

web sponsors question...

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sharath
web sponsors question...
on Aug 19, 2005 at 11:03:46 am

hey,
firstly am unsure if i can post this question here...If not,please accept my sincere apologies..else, please read on...
I am planning to host my own personal site to showcase my reel...I would be happy if i can get any sponsors for the site...first of all, does the concept of sponsors by way of having a ad banner link to the sponsor's site, really work? what are the steps to be followed for the same? has anyone tried google adsense...how is the result?...can u suggest any
ways of getting some money through ads on websites... can i get any rewards by just placing a link to the site,say for example, in the tutorials section, can i just link to http://www.creativecow.net or shud i get any permissions or contact anybody for the same....i know am not really clear about my question....just didn't know how to put it across..any
questions from your side can help me make my query clear...
thanks in advance for your time spent...any suggestions,big
or small would b greatly appreciated....

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: web sponsors question...
on Aug 19, 2005 at 3:54:40 pm

hello...

short answer is i wouldn't bother...google's ad system does work pretty well and you get money for clickthroughs, but unless you have a set of products or a distinct service (like web design or video editing), you're not likely to get clickthroughs very much. based on your post that it would be a personal site, i don't think you'd have much luck with ads...and pretty much the same for sponsors - the net is just really too big for people to take on sponsoring or promoting a single site...

your best bet if you want to draw traffic is to do link sharing - put up a resources section and link to sites if they link to you - that helps your google ranking and then you can get more traffic on your site as well...and it's free. always a good thing...

hope that helps!

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]