FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Question to Web Design & Posting

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph HajikNewbie Question to Web Design & Posting
by on Aug 15, 2005 at 5:56:07 am

Hi Web Design Experts,

I'm new to Web Design and I like to ask where's a good place to get research on building a web page. I'm a videographer,photographer and edit my video in Vegas 6 and use Photoshop CS2 for my images. I would like to set up a web sight for weddings to show my pictures and short video clips. The fast way is to hire someone to set me up, but that's to easy. I would like to tackle this project myself if possible.
Any suggestions where to start would be appreciated.

Ralph Hajik
Westmont, IL

Return to posts index

Curtis ThompsonRe: Newbie Question to Web Design & Posting
by on Aug 15, 2005 at 4:02:42 pm

i would say that the best place to research how to set up a site would be the net itself. in your case, i would suggest googling up some wedding sites and see what sorts of designs they use to see if it inspires you in any way. then, if you want to hand-code your html, just view the source of any site and start to play around in wordpad, or alternately, you can download a demo of a wysiwyg editor like dreamweaver and give that a shot as well...

there are a lot of books in the bookstore, but the reality is they all cost $50 or more, and i don't think they really end up showing you much more than you could learn on your own for free by just poking around the net...

if you have any specific questions, you can also post here!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved