FORUMS: list search recent posts

embed image in an email

COW Forums : Web Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JPD
embed image in an email
by
on Jul 4, 2005 at 11:40:34 pm

hi there. I'm sending out a short newsletter for a graphic design company, and i'd like to be able to embed the neatly designed newsletter into an email. I've tried placing a jpeg into a html document in dreamweaver and then copying the code and pasting it into an email, but it just shows up as text. I've read that outlook express has a command that will allow you to do this, but i'm working on a mac and i can't get it to work.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

JP

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
Re: embed image in an email
on Jul 5, 2005 at 1:39:36 am

hello...

you have to set the content type of the message as html or else the mail client will think it's text. the outlook feature just emails the current page, and safari on the mac has the same feature under the file menu...

alternately, you can use a cgi script like subscribeme lite (google that for a url)...

sitruc

Return to posts index

JPD
by
on Jul 5, 2005 at 4:42:32 pm

thanks for the quick response. I'm still having trouble, though.
as a test, i'm trying to email a html document to myself at my yahoo mail account. I tried the "mail contents of this page", but it didn't work. I realize i hadn't set my apple mail content type to html, but i can't figure out where to change this setting. I've also tried to copy the source and "paste as html" into mail, but this setting is grayed out.

thanks for the help,

JP

Return to posts index

Curtis Thompson
on Jul 6, 2005 at 3:53:06 pm

hello...

really not sure what to offer on the yahoo and mail test - i have used it in the past and just did another test with file -> mail contents of this page and it worked perfectly in mail (the app, cc'd myself) and yahoo mail as well... :-/

the thing i was referring to of changing the content type was a programatic thing if you were writing a script to do it from a web page...

sitruc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]